Thursday 3 September 2009

NZ, WCOOP and a little something for charity


OK, so the WCOOP is finally here and event 1 starts in around 2 hour’s time. I have arrived in Queenstown, NZ with moorman where we will be based for the whole of the WCOOP. I plan to stay here for several weeks after and relax with my friends from home and hopefully learn to snowboard, if the snow holds out. The flat is pretty nice but the surroundings are awesome and will try and get some photos on at some point if I’m not too lazy. I have not played an online tournament since 16th august so am feeling very refreshed in order to put in some sick volume for the next 18 days or so. I am hoping by living with moorman we can keep each other motivated/sane through this period as well as having his general aura of goldenness around to help us get the lot, :-)

I have also decided to pledge some money to charity for the WCOOP period. Not really sure why or how this came to me but had a really strong urge to do it. For every final table I make from today until the WCOOP ends I will give $100 to charity, and for any tournament I win I will donate 5% of the 1st place money. I will keep a running tally of how much is in the charity pot and sort it out at the end of the WCOOP. I welcome any suggestions for possible charities and hopefully run good over this period and end up making a sizeable donation. That’s about all for now, will try to keep regular updates on my WCOOP progress etc...

8 comments:

Tinca Tinca said...

Run well both, hope you win the lot.
Enjoy the surroundings, your life is so chit, how do you cope ;)

Nice shout with the Charity stuff - McMillian Nurses FTW

Anonymous said...

TCT - teenage cancer trust

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the WCOOP pab. Nice idea for the charity thingy also.

One last thing.....would you mind telling moorman to update his gaddamn blog.

Amatay said...

gl grinding and have a gd time on NZ.

The Amatay Foundation is in need of some extra funds btw

Anonymous said...

wow, wot a truly great idea for the charity man, well done!!

Anonymous said...

wow, wot a truly great idea for the charity man, well done!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea about the charity Pab. Any thoughts on which one you'll be donating to or you going to decide that once the WCOOP is over with?

Anonymous said...

feel rly stupid suggesting a charity as I dont even know you and hardly play anymore.

when i did play i gave a % of my winnings (which werent much tbh) to bolton hospice who looked after my father in his last days. He taught me poker and always supported me when i was trying to make it as a pro. I talked raab into giving the donations to the massage girls to bolton hospice whenever the gukpt is up here and hope you could see your way to givng anything to them out of the pool. hope you get good karma thanks to your generous donations


ariston